Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Littlest Sister











Big day yesterday! We went to Ogden for our big ultrasound. Tony was able to come and Ayla and Tayvie were able to watch as well. It's so incredible to be able to see this baby inside me! The ultrasound lady's name is Katie, she and I were both shocked at how stretched out this baby is! Her head is all the way up in my ribs and her legs and feet are just stretched out straight as far down as they can go! I had no idea! I knew where her feet where cause I can feel her kick but I had no idea she was up so high already! Glad she's comfy though! In that first ultrasound picture up top I think she looks like Tayvie! I have a dvd of the ultrasound and it's really fun to watch her little fingers and watch her mouth moving.

This is the picture that means she's a girl (see the arrow and the dot). The ultrasound is 30 minutes long so we looked several times and the verdict is a GIRL!!! This means I can still say "the girls and I" and "come on girls." This means all the girly baby blankets I have and bedding and not to mention all the clothes will be used again! I'm so excited about that! Everytime I put the girls clothes away I wonder if I'll ever see them again- and now I will! I'm excited for these 3 little sisters to grow up together! How fun will that be?! It's amazing how much putting a gender to the baby makes me feel her identity a little more- does that make sense? It some how makes her more real, I don't really know how to expain it. Good news! Good day yesterday! We're happy!

10 comments:

  1. Lacie, I'm excited for your family. How fun to have 3 sweet little girls. I had 3 older sisters and it was so fun. Of course, you know all about having sisters!!! I loved the pictures of your u/s. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Three girls! Little Rose...I am hoping I can find out what I am having next Tuesday! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool!! I know exactly what you mean about the feeling closer.... I'm the same way when I know the gender!! How fun that you don't have to get rid of your girl stuff! Three cute little Goddard girls! That will be so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! That is exciting! Little girls... Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so exciting. How lucky is that to have three girls. Not that I'd trade my boys for anything, but I so desperatly want to bring out my girl clothes again. I agree with the feeling like the baby is more real with knowing the gender. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. People look at me funny when I say that. Guess I better stop saying that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Goddard Family! :) I am so happy for you! :) :) :) Three little girls! I feel the same way when I put away the Catie's clothes as she out grows them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for you guys to have another CUTE little girl in your fam! I am one of 4 girls, with no boys, so I am sure your house will alway never have enough bathrooms! Oh, but is SO much fun to have just mom and the girls! I really can't tell you have happy I am for you and your cute family! I hope all is going well with the sell of you house! I wish the best for you, and can't wait to see your sweet baby girl's pictures when she's here! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe! So sweet! Three little girlies! That will be so much fun! Three little princesses! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog. I am happy that you are having a little girl. I am so excited to find out what our little bundle is going to be. =) I think that it does help to start connectly to "it" more when you know the gender.

    ReplyDelete