Friday, July 2, 2010

Swedish Pancakes

Just what you wanted: A dark grainy webcam photo of me making swedish pancakes.
.
It's been 3 whole months since my last post!
So much has changed!
I have so much to share, I don't know where to start!
Not only the big changes in our lives, (and there are plenty of those) but all the little day to day things too.
Like how Tayvie is on her 3rd outfit of the day and it's only 11:00 am (nope, it's not that she has spilled on them or anything... she just changes her clothes about every hour).
Like how we have a NEW nephew & a NEW niece!!!...and we are so excited about them we can hardly stand it!
Like how Ayla and Tayvie started preschool and love it!!!
Like how our little Lyndlee is 7 months old!
Like how Tony just got promoted to a supervisor at L3!!!
Like how I am the owner of a very well loved Nikon D40 with 3 BROKEN lenses! (& 0 working ones)
Like our little trip to Snowbird last month...that was heavenly!
Like our 3 1/2 week vacation at Tony's parent's new house in West Jordan!
Like how we spent a week with the girls cousins and all the fun and pictures we got!
Like how Aunt Julie sent all three girls rockin' Beatles tee's on the very day we were going to the Imagine concert!
Those things are all much more exciting, but since I don't know where to start,
I thought I'd just tell you about our obsession with Swedish Pancakes since I'm cooking them right now.
When I was growing up (which is in the past, cause I'm not growing up any more), my dad use to make Swedish Pancakes on Saturday mornings... but not every Saturday morning, cause they take so long. So we were always super excited when it was a Swedish Pancake Saturday!
Now they're Ayla's favorite food. She begs for them almost every meal. I usually make a big batch once a week and keep them in the fridge so they're handy for breakfast. Ayla and Tayvie love to help me add the ingredience and stir. I love cooking in our new kitchen, we have a great big bar for the girls to sit at and help with everything, and lots of counter space. Last week, we were out of flour (my big Lehi Roller Mills bag of flour got lost in the move...anyone know where it is?) Ayla knocked on 5 neighbors doors before we found any! But we found some so life was good for the 4 year old!
Here's my recipe:
6 eggs
A whole bunch of sugar
4 cups of milk
3 cups of flour
1 cap full of vegetable oil
a really, really hot griddle coated with butter
...
I put butter and powdered sugar on mine.
Ayla and Tayvie like butter & syrup on theirs.
Tony will some times put butter and jam on his.
Yep, not the most healthy thing in the world, but they are super yummy!!! One of my big goals is to get back to healthier eating, it's been a little tricky to do that the last little while, but we're getting settled now and we're doing good!
.
Maybe you should tell me what you want to hear about first...?

5 comments:

  1. So many great things happening! Can't wait to hear about all of it! (And can't wait to see your new nephew and new niece! We need to get over to your parents house soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys are still up and running. I want to hear about the new living arrangments. How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to hear about all of it!!! I miss you terribly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's hear it all!!! Especially about the week the girls had with their cousins!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna try your recipe, but how much sugar is a whole bunch? sounds good :) How are you guys?!!!! I keep wanting to find out how you are liking your place! And your neice and nephew! Feels like it's been a while is all I guess :)

    ReplyDelete