Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Snowbird

We went up to Snowbird twice last week.

Do you know how much I LOVE Snowbird?

You think you do, now times that by a bazillion. Snowbird is absolutely gorgeous. It's too perfect. It's fake perfect.

So the second time we went and played in the snow with Marci, my cousin Mindy & her husband Greg and their little Hailey. We somehow managed to escape without ONE single picture of Marci. (sorry about that Marce).



Ayla just loves Hailey. These two are perfect for eachother! They don't get to play together nearly enough! They are less than two weeks apart in age and they are just a like.

Yep. They're shoveling the mountains. It's a big job.


The best part of the story is that the last time we went to Tony's grandma's cabin she gave me a pair of snowboots that she had sitting out on her deck to get rid of. Yeay, I needed snowboots. So we grabbed them to take with us to play in the snow.

I got out of the car and took off my left shoe to put on the boot, I reached my hand in to pull out the toung or string or whatever was blocking my foot I grabbed what I thought was a bootlace with a pom-pom on the end and pulled it about halfway out. Then I stopped cause I'm constantly paranoid, and I asked Tony to pull it out for me in case it was something... knowing I was just being paranoid and silly.

Well guess what!!!!! IT WAS A DEAD MOUSE!!!!! I am still getting the crawlies just thinking about it! AHHHHHH! Disgusting!!!! I had pulled it halfway out with my hand too!!!! ick! I'm still not over it. So I hopped up and down screaming at the top of my lungs for about ten minutes cause I really think that is the worst thing that has ever happened to me in my life.

7 comments:

  1. so not the worst thing that has happened to you...but it is really sick, i agree!! even better was ayla saying "mommy's funny" while you were freaking out!! haha!
    (it was so a plan to escape without a single picture of me...i'm sly like that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't think you need the silly word verification thing at the bottom anymore if you plan on staying private...just another thing to add to the oodles of work you feel you need to do to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gross. mice are nasty. You family is so cute Lace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A mouse at Grandma's? Really?? :)
    You should be lucky it wasn't something worse!! :) Oh and I really love that pic of Ayla! I wish I could do that. Life seems so much simpler when you are lying in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok that's horrible! I would have totally freaked out too. Mice scare the crap out of me! But it looks like Snowbird was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is SO disgusting. I threw up a little. Is it odd that I am jumping up and down screaming for you? I knew that is what was coming when you said you grabbed a "lace" ew ew ew. Glad you are okay. Hopefully you could wash your hands.

    ReplyDelete