Thursday, April 23, 2009

Out of Work Again...

Tony pulled in the driveway this morning about 8 and I thought uut-ooh and then when I saw his face I thought oh no! At first I thought he just forgot something, and then I realized he had lost his job. He walked in the door and said "Well, I got LAID OFF."

Apparently his boss called him in this morning and told him there was not enough electronic work to keep him, he said if he ever had more Tony would be the first guy he would call. He talked about how much he likes Tony and said he's the kind of guy he could just talk to all day, but he can't keep him when he doesn't have the work. Bad news. But we weren't sure the job was living up to all it had promised in the beginning anyway, so it's probably just another blessing in disguise. Probably just a place filler while our dream job becomes available.

That's where we need your help. If you hear of anyone who needs an INCREDIBLY AMAZING ELECTRONICS GUY and wants to pay him millions. Send them our way and we'll consider it, (we might even accept slightly less).
Reality check. I mean if they're willing to give him a PAY CHECK...
If you happen to hear any of these terms: Electronic Technician, Field Technician, Electronic Engineering... those are the types of jobs we're looking for.

Meanwhile, don't worry about us, we have a plan: Tony suggested we get rid of all our belongings and move to a cardboard box, I asked if we could paint it purple and got the green light on that one. The address of the box will be forth coming.

9 comments:

  1. That is such a bummer! We wish you guys all the best and as always, you'll be in our prayers. The past few months we've come to truly believe in the power of prayer, though things come on the Lord's timetable. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i have the most perfect place for a purple cardboard box!! and sometimes when it rains we will let you prop the red patio umbrella up to shelter the paint from running! oh this is going to be so fun...kind of like camping, but permanent!
    really, i think you know this all will have to work out...thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hum. I like red and all, but kind of feeling like it might clash with my purple? What if we painted the umbrella too? Would you mind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about Tony's job. Hope all works out. Let us know if you need anything. We are thinking of you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awful. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope things start to turn fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys could put your box in my 15ft cement pad of a backyard! Then the kids could play any time and Karah could babysit! ;)

    BTW-that still sucks but I like how you think it's a place holder until the REALLY good job comes around-that's how I choose to look at it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lace, I am so sorry to hear this news. I really hope you find something quick! I will be thinking of you and your sweet family. Many blessings are coming your way I am sure! Let me know if there is anything you need.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry that Tony lost his job. But I agree with you, that million dollar job is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This just makes me so mad...if two people don't deserve this more...it is YOU two!

    You know I love you and am praying for you and pulling for you. I am keeping my eyes and ears out...hopefully something will come and come FAST!

    ReplyDelete