Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bringing Home Baby

We were antsy to get home and let the girls meet Lyndlee, so we left the hospital as soon as they would let us. I was so excited for Ayla and Tayvie to see their new little sister that they had loved so much while she was in my tummy! I couldn't wait to see their reactions! So by 4:45 on Tuesday (December 8th) we were pulling out of the hospital parking lot with Lyndlee all bundled in her carseat for the very first time!

We got home around 6 that night. My mom, Annie & Jake, Gentry, and Austin met us their with Ayla and Tayvie ... and Papa Murphy's pizza. mmmm. Later, Marci & Jon came by too.
Just as I had suspected, Tayvie was CRAZY about the baby (and still is)! She kept asking to hold her (and still does). She pointed out her eyes, nose, mouth, bow, hair, fingers, feet... over and over. She couldn't get enough of her (and still can't). If Lyndlee makes a noise, Tayvie is right there telling me about it, she is such a little caretaker! If Lyndlee is upset, Tayvie goes into a panic trying to make her better. She calls her "Wees" or "Shees"
Ayla loves her sister just as much. She wants to hold her all the time too. She's always curious about her and asking questions. Ayla calls her "Winwee."


I think they've both adjusted very well to our new addition, almost as if this is the way it has always been.

4 comments:

  1. She is adorable and I can't believe all the hair! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah for big sisters! AND seriously her lips are absolutely delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sisters! awe! Karah wants me to have another baby SOO bad! (Her only request is that it doesn't die...nice!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're girls are so stinkin cute! They seem like great big sisters! I absolutley LOVE the last picture of all you girls. So cute~

    ReplyDelete