Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Growing Like a Beanstalk

As I was getting in the shower late last night I glanced at the bathtub toys and noticed this little green and orange watering can. It made me smile. Earlier that day Ayla had watered her bean seed that she planted in Primary with that little watering can. I had watched her do it, she told me she needed to water it since she hadn't yet that day, I said okay, and she dashed off up the stairs. She came back with this little toy that she had put the tiniest amount of water in and carefully dripped it into her cup of dirt. I hadn't even realized she had immediately gone and put the watering can back with her bath toys where she had found it. It wasn't until I saw it sitting on top of the pile that I realized how cute it was that she had even used the little watering can in the first place. It made me think about how sweet she is, and how much she is growing up. I paid a bit more attention today with my camera in hand, as she did the same thing.

3 comments:

  1. So Sweet! Your girls are so cute!
    It was fun to have you guys over the other night, we need to do it again sometime soon! Kaitlyn can not stop talking about her new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really hope those beans grow! she seems very excited about them already. promise i get to be there when she decides it is time to "eat them" like she is so excited to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's crazy how it's the little things that jump out and remind us how special our kids are! Love it!

    ReplyDelete