Monday, March 15, 2010

This Guy & I Danced in a Snow Storm

What a week! phew... Each week, I don't believe it could possibly get any more insane, and then it does. And when I say "insane" that's exactly what I mean! I can't even describe... well, I can, but I don't want to.
Tony worked Saturday until noon, and after a few hours together at home, we got in the car and drove up Parley's in the snowstorm. We drove through Park City, and Heber and down Provo Canyon. Snowing all the while. It was beautiful and peaceful, as all three girls were asleep in the backseat at one point. Tony and I got some good needed talking in. We love car rides probably mostly for our chat time. It has been a long, long time since we've had a Saturday to ourselves (minus his morning work time). We drove back through Utah County on side streets and ended up in a little secluded gully parking lot to a walk way in American Fork. Tony pulled in just to show me what it was and then started to drive out, I asked him to go back to the parking lot and he was confused. He parked and I quickly found our wedding song on the cell phone. As I got out of the car he said "you do know it's 25 degrees out there?" I walked around to his side and he opened his door and got out and danced with me... in the snow... and the cold... we were freezing, but I got to live my little corny dance in a parking lot with Tony dream! Just what I needed to counter the week I had had!
...
When we got back in the car, Ayla asked "What were you doing out there?" I said "What do you think we were doing?" to which she replied "KISSING!" and then she said "Yep, looks like you are getting married today." Earlier we had kissed at a red light and she asked if we were getting married today. We are sure blessed to have such sweet little girls.
...
So glad I have photoshop to recreate the event with such specific detail so that I will never forget that perfect moment.

6 comments:

  1. I think I look amazing in that picture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute story! but one thing...why is tony's head not attached to his body? ~grin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are too stinkin cute! Thats the kind of thing that happens in movies...I didn't know it happened in real life too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you guys are so cute!!! it is the little things like this that keep us going in life through all the craziness!! Im glad that you took a "MOMENT" out of the CRAZY LIFE and enjoyed eachother...
    BTW you do look amazing in that pic lac- what on earth is your secret lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad we're not the only cheesy ones :) I love the "kissing" part. Kids are so sweet and innocent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is that?! Its important that we take time for "cheesy time"...its what gets us through, right? :)

    ReplyDelete