Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ten Thousand Holes

I'm actually surprised that no one else has ever asked about the title of my blog... I'm sure I've told some of you in person, but Allie asked what it means giving me the perfect opportunity to explain if anyone has ever wondered. It's a Beatles refrence... well, a distorted Beatles refrence. I use to have every Beatles song ever recorded (as far as I know), but since we don't use cassett tapes anymore my i-pod is trying to catch up. Anyway, in a song that John Lennon and Paul McCartney wrote it refrences four thousand holes:
I read the news today oh boy
Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall

John's contributions to the song were based on what he had seen in the newspaper that day, while the rest of the song talks about getting up, getting out of bed... daily stuff. Anyone know the name of the song? Yep, A Day In The Life. So to me Ten Thousand Holes is a refrence to a day in my life, it seems like there are always ten thousand little things going on in my life, and maybe by the end of this blog I will have posted ten thousand pictures to document it.
Just a side note my first few posts were titled after Beatle songs but I wasn't clever enough to continue it.

5 comments:

  1. Shout out to Trina's fabric for modeling as ten thousand holes for me. This is baby Gracie's soon to be quilt I'm working on right now... how handy that came in for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhh.....that's so clever! I feel a scrapbook page coming on :) I've got the song even, just don't pay attention much. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, can't wait to see the bedding all done, and how did you find this Allie? She is amazing, hopefully I told her she is already! I just love you Lace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allie is one of our favorite cousin's friends, yeah, she's got an awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't love it more Lace! Love the song and love the idea. I sometimes wonder what the songs would be like had John and Paul not combined their songs into one. That'd be interesting!

    ReplyDelete