Saturday, October 25, 2008

BOOOO at the Zoo!


We got up bright and early this morning to go to Boo at the Zoo. We've been totally looking forward to it as we have gone the last two years and it's been fun. This was Tony's first year coming with us so I warned him that it would be packed so we should be there at opening 9 am, but that it was totally worth it cause they give out lots of fun and cool stuff- one year we got a huge bag of chips amongst other things.
We got there a few minutes before they opened and there was a LONG line but we figured it would die down fast once they opened... we were WRONG. It was INSANE!!! The line wrapped all the way down one aisle of the parking lot and up the next on both sides! Once we made it in, the lines to get the candy seemed just about as long, and the reward for making it through the line was usually a single hard candy or a mint! Seriously? Mints? We could hardly walk- especially pushing the stroller! We even went to the back of the zoo to try to avoid the craziness and it was only slightly better. It also seemed to me that they didn't have nearly as many booths as they have had in the past, but that could just be my imagination since we didn't wait in many of the lines. So for my review of Boo at the Zoo, I say just that: Booo! (he, he!)
However the kids did have fun, Ayla wanted to go back, we rode the carousel (no line for that), and the company was good! I'm sure you were all there too... I can't imagine that anyone in the state wasn't, they definitely had a good turnout! So I seriously would like to know what you all thought of it this year? I don't think I'll do it again next year if it's like this.

5 comments:

  1. What a bummer!! I was even talking to Kregg this morning about how bummed I was that we couldn't go. So thanks for making me feel a little bit better about it!! :) Hopefully next year they will be more on top of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am glad that we waited until the afternoon to go. It was busy but not crazy. We had a lot of fun (but we haven't gone before so I guess we didn't have anything to compare it to.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atleast your girls had a good time! And they look so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a fun idea, I didn't know they did that. Cool beans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like SO much fun. I have never heard of this Boo at the Zoo, so many people have mentioned it though. It does sound like fun...especially if the weather is nice. Look at your adorable girls. Love that Tayvie...and Ayla's costume is TOO cute.

    ReplyDelete