Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hangin' In There!

2009 has been very different for our little family! We joke that we've had bad luck this WHOLE year- but really we know it's all for a purpose and things will work out and so far it's only been two months- although it seems much longer!

Cassie has been extremely sick and got to the point that she could no longer walk and she wasn't eating, so we had to have her put down on Saturday. It was very sad for all of us. We all cried. Ayla kept saying "I don't want Cassie to go!" So I explained to her that Cassie was going to go live with Jesus. As Tony was putting Cassie in the car, Ayla was trying to understand how he was going to get Cassie to Heaven, she asked me "Where is Daddy taking Cassie?" and I told her he was taking her to the dog pound and she immediately replied "OH! That's where Jesus is?" We miss Cassie but we know that she was miserable and now she is happy... You know I've heard that all dogs go to Heaven.

My dear wonderful husband is still looking for a job. We apply to several a day by internet, we take out his resume and drop it off (as far away as Springville), make phone calls. But so far nothin'. The problem we are running into is that most places in his field have "hiring freezes" on. So we are praying that those hiring freezes come off soon and that he can actually be considered for a job! Tony is amazingly intelligent in the complicated work in his field, he is super friendly, and a very good, reliable, dependable, energetic, optimistic person. When the right spot for him opens up I have no doubt he'll get it. I love Tony. It has been great having him home. He is so supportive of everything I do and so helpful with everything around here. Ayla and Tayvie have loved having him home as well!!!

So to sum it all up things are good, and they'll get better. We are happy and healthy and we all love eachother so much- as long as we have that everything else will work out. I truely believe that. I know that really sounds so corny but it is really how I feel. Ummm, I don't even want to post this cause it sounds so corny but I think I'm going to cause it's real. Keep your making fun of me to a minimum... oh what do I care? Make fun of me all you want but make sure your comment is just as corny as this post! :)

11 comments:

  1. Oh lace, I am sorry things have not been great. You are so inspiring. Family is the best. I am sorry to hear about Cassie. That is really hard. I will pray for Tony to find something perfect for your family. You are so strong. Thanks for posting even about the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you need is love....dada da da da.....can you hear it???

    Thought that song would help add to the corny factor :))))

    Your not corny at all - I feel exactly the same way, long as you've got eachother everything else will work itself out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are inspiring!! I hope things are looking up soon! Please let us kn ow if there is anything we can do!! And we should get together again!!! Maybe we could come to you guys this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think about you and your family almost every day! I am glad you are all doing well! I know it will all work out! I am sorry to hear about Cassie! Our Samantha passed away about 14 months ago because she had way advanced diabetes and cataracts so she was blind! She passed away while we were in Texas :( I miss her terribly! I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about the dog. Tony will find a job and it will be amazing! He is a great person and a hard worker so I am sure things will work out. You guys are amazing and we hope all works out soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. who knew you just have to go to the pound to find Jesus! i will try to remember that!
    you guys are such great examples of how important saving and planning for a "rainy day" is! wishing you all the good things in the world...and maybe a surprise dinner sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry it's been such a rough year. I, too, will have to visit the pound more often

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a pro at leaving corny comments. I am lucky if anyone even understands what I'm trying to say! I usually write two comments. One that I just write whatever I am thinking about, then I delete almost all of it (I know! With my long posts can you imagine them being longer!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! No one will make fun of you. I am choking up over here. So you can make fun of me! I am sorry for everything you are going through, but it will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i heard about a woman who is selling her husband on Ebay! She describes all of his great points and special skills. really its just a creative way to get his resume out into the world because its so hard to find work in this economy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know all about sucky years...ours was last year...hoping that our 2009 keeps looking up (although totally and utterly with you on the needing money thing...real estate is just sucking right now! :( ) Glad that after reading this post I know Tony found a job! Very very good news.

    ReplyDelete