Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Adventures of an 18 Month Old

Tayvie is 18 months old now. Still 18 pounds, she'll eat twice what Ayla does and then top it off with half of my meal, but she's got so much energy! If I say "let's go" Tayvie will immediately run and get her shoes, and she's ready. When I tell her to go get something she's gone in a split second to get it.

She is crazy about brushing her teeth.

She loves to pretend to be a kitty with her sister, she will just all of the sudden start crawling around and meowing and wants me to pet her.

She has an OBSESSION with shoes! Her favorite word probably! If you take your shoes off she will bring them to you and want you to put them on. And she's picky about what shoes she wants to wear, she will tell me no until she picks out the ones she wants. She's really funny! Shoes probably connect to going outside. Another one of her favorite words "Out-side" She begs all day long, she just loves to be outside!

She loves to sing!!! All I have to do is say the word sing and she starts singing. It's so cute! In church she sits with the hymn book and sings as loud as she can, which is like the only time she ever sits still at all! She goes to nursery now, and loves it! She's wanted to go for a while and knows which door it is. She also loves to say prayers, she folds her arms and bows her head and points her finger at Ayla to fold her arms and then she'll point to me and say "say it."

Driving in the car when we come to a stop light she yells "GO" "GO"... until we go again.

She LOVES the baby in my tummy! It seems like it's so real to her. She loves to lift up my shirt and give her kisses, and tickle her. She gets really excited about it.

She picks things up really fast, like she doesn't really have to take time to learn them, she just does them, like riding her scooter and her bike.

Other things she says: "un, DU, de, GO!" "See that?!" "Get it" "MOM!" "Da" "please" "Cheese" "drink" "want that" "no" ... I should keep a better list cause I know there's a bunch more I'll think of later! She is also so cute with her sign language. She does "more" a lot and "all done" and "baby" is the cutest, with a huge grin on her face!

She is not afraid of anything. Tayvie is adventurous and full of energy! She is still a sweetheart although she can be mean too. She defends her territory for sure and she's a pretty tough little girl! Probably the best word to describe her is BUSY, she is always busy doing something and she's doing whatever it is quickly! The other word would usually be HAPPY, most of the time she has this HUGE grin on her face and her eyes are just sparkling. Aww, I just love that little face! She is a lot of fun!


2 comments:

  1. your girls are so adorable!! Tayvie sounds a lot like (well, doing the same things as) Noah. It's cute to hear what your girls are up to. Ayla seems WAY ahead of Luke :) I just always compare them because they're all the same ages, and it just blows my mind sometimes the stuff that Ayla will do!! They both sound so sweet though, I bet they're excited for the new little sis. That will be so fun!! Did you get a name yet?? just curious

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good at writing about your kids on your blog! Will you write about mine on my blog?! J/K! I think Alyssa and Tayvie should go shoe shopping sometime!

    ReplyDelete