Monday, May 21, 2007

Building Our Deck

Obviously a before picture when the shed was still there:
Before picture after the shed was moved and pretty much everything cleared out of the way:
Laying out the deck blocks: We were very careful about the spacing but we know now that it didn't matter we should have framed first and then put them in place, so now we know!
We cut the 4x4 each to the right elevation to make everything perfectly level (again didn't need to go to that extreme we found out).
Then we started framing being careful to keep everything level every which way:
Then started cuting the planks to fit each section and cut out. In this picture Togo is drilling in the screws but he mostly was doing the cuting I was putting in the screws, I did almost the WHOLE deck (I'm pretty proud of that... but my arms and shoulders are pretty sore).Finished!!!We worked on it pretty much non-stop with on one trip to Lowes (for stuff we didn't even end up using) from Thursday to Saturday. It was A LOT of fun! We both enjoyed having a project like that to work on and Ayz had a lot of fun dancing on it like it was a stage! As you can see we still need to work on railings and stairs, and staining it, and I'm going to put a little slide off the high end for Ayz!!! How fun will that be! I'm so excited!!!
In other news: We are not getting that play house, I guess we were too slow and someone else came and got it! Sad! But oh well! We've got our beautiful new deck and we couldn't be happier!!!


3 comments:

  1. This looks A M A Z I N G ! ! ! I am so happy that you got it done! I can't wait to come and see it for real! I love the idea of the slide...if you need help staining, I'm your woman. Sorry about your playhouse, that sucks. Oh well...maybe that can be your next project?! ;) Love the family shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! That looks so good!! You guys are so talented!! You have to be so excited! Has Togo tried to bolt it off the deck with the 4-wheeler yet?? Tee hee...
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I will call you soon and gush about this!!! We are totally having our wedding in your backyard!!! ~grin~

    ReplyDelete