Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tagged


Oh fun! For those of you who don't know the blogging world very well: I don't either, but from what I understand there are different little groups that make a challenge and then tag people to do the same challenge. Kind of fun right? Well, I have been tagged by Kim (side note: I didn't know how to do that hyperlink thing until this very second, just figured it out, what a great day! First I get tagged and now I learn something cool and new to me!).

So it sounds like the challenge is to share 8 odd or unkown things about myself:

1. Shoes: Superficial I know but my shoes always have to match my shirt and my socks have to match my shoes. If I'm wearing a black shirt my shoes CAN NOT be white, even if I'm just walking around the block. They don't have to be black but they have to be another dark color (other than brown of course).

2. Misspelled Words:I like to misspell words. No idea why, I guess I think some words look cooler spelled differently. I don't do it often because people think I don't know how to spell the word cause why would you intentionally misspell a word? Weird I know but that's what it's all about.
3. My Spending Habits: I have a hard time buying things most of the time. Even if it's something I need. Sometimes I will take it back and put it on the shelf 3 or 4 times before I either convince myself that I don't need it or that I really do. Sometimes I almost have to just close my eyes and tell myself I'm buying it whether I really can convince myself to or not, this usually happens when I've annoyed myself so bad by not being able to make a decision and waisted so much time walking back and forth and looking crazy to other shoppers. There are times that I can just go buy something if I'm with a friend or someone to help convince me or just someone else being there I can make myself buy something in the moment so they won't know how crazy I really am and then worry about it later, but I HATE to return stuff and I can only remember one time I've actually done that. I have so many examples of this, I'm laughing right now cause I know how crazy I look to the other shoppers, last week I was looking for summer clothes for Dellie and found the cutest little summer dress at Kohles for $7 I put it back 3 times, finally decided to just buy it and went all the way to the front of the store and got in line. There was a lady in front of me and one behind me and when it was my turn I got out of line went and put the dress back and walked out of the store empty handed! How crazy did I look to all the other shoppers, especially the lady in the children's section that watched me pick up several different outfits, carry them around several times and then keep putting them back. The crazy thing about it is these are not just impulse buys that I can't decide on, these are things that I have already decided before hand that I need and then get cold feet when I'm actually trying to buy them!

4. Don't like the "P" word at all. Most people don't look at this word as a bad word, but I don't like it. When Togo and I were dating the first week or so he learned that word makes me cringe so he stopped using it (atleast in front of me). If you don't know what word I'm talking about it means pee.
5. Afraid of Ghosts: Good or evil, I don't care, don't want to see either!!! I'm actually afraid of the dark because of this. If I wake up in the middle of the night I have to turn on the tv for light so ghosts won't come! I will not walk around my house at night in the dark for the same reason!

6. I Make My Own Paperwork: When I was working I loved paperwork! Now that I'm home I make my own spreadsheets, grocery shopping lists, cleaning checklists, to do lists, etc... I think it helps keep me organized but really it probably just waists time and I get to play on the computer instead of actually doing the work!
7. I Love Trains: Almost every morning I can hear a train go by on about 5600 West. I love it and I listen for it all the time. When we lived in the appartment we could hear the same train but it was much closer.

8. I'm Usually A Rule Follower: I never re-enter my car or talk on the cell phone while pumping gas, I will not talk on the phone or stand near a window during a lightening storm. Maybe that's not odd, but if you're calling me during a lightening storm I will only answer my phone to tell you to get off the phone... yes I would put your safety before my own:) I always try to do what I'm "supposed" to do.

Well, there ya go. Now I am going to tag:











5 comments:

  1. okay you totally took all my bloggers...who the heck an I going to TAG? J/k I still have a few...I am such a loser!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe, I love all of these! Why? Because they are all odd and silly things about me too! Right down to putting something back five or six times. I do it everytime I go to the store. No wonder I consider you one of my bestest friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lace~
    Now I know why you always take me shopping...I get so tired of the "put it back, no I want it, wait put it back" that I just buy the dang thing for you!!! ~tennis anyone~ Just kiding, there is nothing wrong with being wise with your money...in fact it will get you far! I will hire you as my consultant one day, then you can make all the spreadsheets you want!!
    Loves~
    marci helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh ya, and I love trains too!! I chalk that up to grandpa haun, all around the water tank and swings. Trains have a lot of good memories for me even though the heber creeper is the only one I have been on...with bubble gum ice cream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lace- I can't believe how many things we have in common!!! I love your blog and your cute little girl~ She is growing up so fast though- it's amazing! But it sure is fun to look at your blog!

    ReplyDelete