Monday, March 31, 2008

The Dress

Tayvie's blessing dress
I bought this dress and Ayla's blessing dress when I worked at JCPenney before I had the girls. And this was the reason:It was half off the clearance price and then I got my associates discount of either 15% or 20% off as well. I remember calling my mom and telling her that I would want to make blessing dresses when I had girls, and she said "we wouldn't even be able to buy the material for that price." So I bought both of them along with a couple of the little boy blessing tuxes. I really liked Ayla's dress, it was the perfect style, but this one I wasn't crazy about. I put it on Tayvie last week to see what it really looked and I hated it. <> A big part of the problem was the dress was size 9-12 months (probably why it was clearanced). So I took the whole thing apart. I took the collar off. I took the big poofy lacy sleeves off and remade those with ribbon around the edges instead of the lace, and brought the whole top in to fit better. When it was finished I loved it. I think it's beautiful now (I'll post the pictures above, I'm sure you can see she likes it much better too).



3 comments:

  1. Wowie! Very impressed...it's a huge improvement! Have you found secondhand stuff and done the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still impressed, it fit her SO well, and I would have never guessed that you had to remodel it. Kudos dude, you are my hero!

    ReplyDelete