Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Dresses



I know what you are thinking:

I saw thosdresses at ***-mart but they were sleeveless!

Okay so I'm sure you weren't thinking that at all- but now you are! So I will tell you my brilliant idea. Tayvie's dress came with the little diapercover/bloomers out of the same white material, so I cut those up and made sleeves for both her and Ayla's dresses. I just used the ruffly part with the elastic already in it and it was so easy! So there ya go if you are ever crazy like me and want to put sleeves on your girls dresses use the little bottoms!
Easter was really fun this year for Ayla. It was even more fun for Tony and me to watch her. It's a big change from last year. I love that she understands stuff this year, that she gets the idea of the Easter Bunny coming to her house and hidding eggs with candy in them, and that she's so independant that she can find a lot of the eggs by herself. She would get so excited when she would spot one!
Obviously Tayvie didn't participate much in Easter this year other than looking ADORABLE!!! Which she did a fabulous job at! I loved dressing my two little girls up in matching dresses! They are both so cute!

6 comments:

  1. That is a brilliant sleeve idea. I would have never been that creative, and they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you did this. I would have just left them sleeveless hehehe. I am bad. I actually bought a dress for Emm, but didn't use it 'cause I forgot to buy a shirt to go under it.

    Love the matchy matching. Love it. A mother's dream come true. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lace~ Okay, so before I even read anything below the pictures I thought...wow, did she make those dresses because it's usually hard to find dresses the same style for a newborn and toddler. Then I read the caption below and I'm like...okay, this lady is way too talented. What a genius of an idea! What don't you do? I got a sewing machine from my parents 2 years ago and it is just piling dust. I need to sign up for a sewing class to say the least. Did you make Tayvie's headband? Love the pictures of your cute little girls.

    Thanks so much for the comments on my blog...you are too kind. I am hoping that next year's Easter will be more exciting for Raegan, since she didn't know what was going on really.

    Hopefully I'll get to meet you sometime. Maybe when the weather becomes warmer...we can visit the ducks or better yet take the kids swimming at Monika & Tracie's complex.

    Take care! ~Kellie~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I thought those were the cutest dresses and now they're even cuter after reading how you fixed them up. Nice work. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how fast they are growing!!! They are so beautiful! :) You did a great job on the sleeves for those dresses! I would have never thought of that!

    Hope you and your family are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pictures! How fun! Makes me miss the time when my girls would let me dress them :) They look adorable, and how creative are you to make the sleeves- I'm lazy I usually just buy a shirt to go under- I'll have to try that next time though- you are just SO SMART!!!

    ReplyDelete