Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bet Ya Didn't Know I Could Keep A Secret!

It was really more about finding the RIGHT time to share more than keeping it a secret.
We told our families the week after Annie & Jakes wedding, and word is starting to spread so I figure now is probably the time!


This was the first ultrasound on April 27th.

It was just a tiny bean with a tiny beating dot!

These are yesterday's ultrasounds.

Unreal how much this little baby has grown in just four weeks! We could see a hand with fingers moving around, feet and legs kicking, it's little chest moving.

So I'm about 12.5 weeks... 3 months!

The baby's due date is December 5th, the doctor says it's December 14th, whomever you want to believe on that one.

We are so excited for this little baby!!!


AYLA

We told Ayla the day before we told our families, she sat and talked to me about it for about 45 minutes. She was so interested! We looked at pictures on the internet of what the baby looks like in my tummy and she couldn't get enough. She immediately INSISTED the baby is a girl and she said she wants to buy her an airplane! You can argue with her all you want but she still INSISTS the baby's a girl, she always says the next one is a brother! The doctor referred to the baby as "it" yesterday and Ayla quickly corrected him by just saying "SHE."

She likes to take care of the baby and me. She tries to share her food with me cause "the baby is hungry." She pretends she can feel the baby kicking. She asks me about the baby all the time and if it's big enough to come out, even though she knows it's not coming until Christmas time. She tells everyone she sees that Mommy's got a baby in her tummy and shares the rest of the information she knows -part of the reason word's spreading :)

TAYVIE

I told Tayvie the day I found out. Ayla was the first to know with Tayvie so I thought it was fun that Tayvie was the first to know with this baby. I've tried to get her to say "baby" but she refusses, so the secret was pretty safe with her! I was worried about her coming to the doctor's office with me yesterday cause she's so full of energy and can't sit still, but I was glad she was there, she watched the doctor do the ultrasound and saw the baby on the screen. When we got home she was very interested in the ultrasound pictures and tickled my tummy and talked to it in her high voice like she does her dollies. So I think she might be catching on. Tayvie has always LOVED babies, so I'm excited to watch her as she starts understanding more.

...

Tony and I couldn't ask for better news!!!

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is so super exciting! I am so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting! I'm so happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha! man that ayla sure has set her mind to having another sister...i hate to think what would happen if it was a boy!?!?
    either way they will be sweet sweet older sisters and the new addition will be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! We are also having #3 Nov 12 so 1 month before you guys, how fun. Emmi thinks ours is a little sister too. She kept telling me she wanted a sister, I guess she knew we were pregnant before we did :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new addition! That is very exciting. I love love love you family pics. They are amazing. I love the girls dresses and also yours. Where did you get them? Again congrats. That is great news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Hope everything works out well for you and the baby! Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I think its so cute that Ayla says its a girl. Check out KellyRydenPhotos through my blog. She has the BEST baby pictures, and you can get ideas for little Jessica Goddard;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! You have such a cute family! I love your family pictures and BTW-the kiddos are growing up so much! Ayla looks so tall in her dress! Thanks for visiting us and for all the support! Congrats again! Hope you're feeling okay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations friend! This is the BEST news. So exciting. I can't wait to meet him/or her...LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh Lace. That is such happy news. Man am I glad I finally decided to look at blogs today :) How are you feeling? I must talk to you and get some good details. And I hope you had the best birthday ever! Yay! More cute Goddards :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! We couldn't be more excied for you guys. Not to disagree with Ayla, but we are pulling for a boy. (Ours will need some more playmates.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulation Lacie! I'm so excited for you guys! If Ayla is right and it's another girl, she's sure to be a cutie if she's anything like her sisters. I hope you're feeling well, and all is going great for your litle family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS GUYS!!!! You have such a beautiful family.... I love the photo with you and Tony kissing!!! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats on your new baby! that is so exciting!! Hope you enjoy this HOT summer! :) it is a good thing it hasnt been too hot and we have had lots of rain to keep you cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete