Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Our Great Big Exciting Memorial Day Weekend

Fridays always feel special to me,
and this was the Friday before Memorial Day Weekend
so I packed a picnic and took the girls to a park. Ayla has been wanting to walk over a skywalk, so Saturday we drove specifically to a skywalk and took the girls across it. They loved it.
Such a small thing but it was fun.
(Completely irrational I know, but I got a little afraid once I got to the top, and had to force myself to go across).

Monday. Hangin' with the fam at the Grams.
mmmm. Mom & Dad bought everyone lunch.
Everyone's serious about eating it.
Super cool Daddy making sandcastles.


Then the girls take over.

...
I promised great big exciting, I know, did you miss it?
That was the part where we walked over the skywalk.

Family weekends are always the best!

4 comments:

  1. Totally fun...these are the best times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh, i am sad i missed out!! i love that dad is fixin the sprinklers and everyone else is having a good time in the grams picture. i agree that is a great BIG exciting weekend...especially since you suck at heights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post!! I too love our family weekends. Memorial day is like one of my most favorite holidays for the very reason that we get to go chill with grandma. (I have some cute pictures of you and the girls on the swing to give you)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We want to come sometime! I mean, to walk over the skywalk with you guys! The girls would love it and you're right, it is the simple things that they love!

    ReplyDelete