Monday, January 26, 2009

The Birthday Girl


Saturday we celebrated Ayla Dell's third birthday!
We spent the weekend looking at pictures of her and telling her birth story (and then she would want to hear Tayvie's too).
I told her to go watch out the window for her guests to come, when I walked in the room this is what I saw:She was doing her yoga as she waited!!!
She cracks me up!
She was raising her hands up and slowly bringing them back down in prayer!
I love it!She was so excited to bake a cake all day... all week really!
We made a yummy oatmeal cake and decorated it with food coloring... as you can see from her blue mouth below.oooo... Ayla is fun! She is such a sweet little girl. I just love her with all of my heart...


Here are a few little things about Ayla on her third birthday:

  • ummm... obviously her favorite color is BLUE. Why? "Because my eyes are blue!" She wants to wear blue every day. She has to sit on the blue chair.She wants the blue bowl and she doesn't understand why I would put something in a yellow bowl when her eyes are BLUE!

  • She is crazy about games! She always wants to play a game. She likes Hi Ho Cherry-o, Candy Land, Animal Scramble, Trouble, & The Cat in the Hat Game. She wants to color all day long- she's a coloring fanatic and is getting very good at staying in the lines! And she loves puzzles and has always been an excellent little puzzler. And let's not forget books and stories!
  • She still loves to help. Lately we've been making yummy homemade bread, she asks me several times a day if we can make some homemade bread.
  • The present we gave her for her birthday was a jumprope. She had been telling me for weeks that she wanted "that summersault thingy that goes like this...(making circles with her hands) that I played with at my friends house." It took me a few weeks to figure out it was a jumprope, but when I figured it out I was relieved because a $2 jumprope was a more realistic birthday wish for her! (I was afraid she was talking about a little trampoline!) Just now she asked me "Where did you get my summersault rope? At Walmart?"
  • She LOVES nursery. She loves her friends and talks about her "friends" all of the time! If she can't remember a friends name when asked she always answers with "Hailey" after her fun little cousin.

  • Some of the phrases I hear many times a day are "not yet," "That's not a good idea! How about FIRST we________ and then we _______"

  • She's still my little singer. She sings along with every song she hears on the radio, if she hasn't heard it before she asks "Mom, do you know this song? What is it?" Then each song is labled either her song or mommy's song. If it's her song I am usually not allowed to sing along. She also makes up songs, the other day I was doing the dishes and I broke a glass next thing I know she had run upstairs and was back with her guitar singing a song "mommy broke a glass, mommy broke a glass... I don't know why, I don't know why."

Ayla is such a good big sister. She loves to play with Tayvie they are the best of little friends for sure. She has such a fun imagination, I just love to watch her play. She is so smart and so aware of things-- of everything. We are so thankful for Ayla and her fun little personality and all the smiles she brings us!

Glad you had a happy day little girl!!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ayla!!!
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ayla! I love the picture of her blue tongue. Wow! After reading the things about Ayla, it is crazy to hear how much alike she and Hailey are. I love that she asked for a jump rope for her birthday, Hailey's big thing this year was an umbrella. I love that its the simple things that make them happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a three-year-old! Crazy how time goes weren't we just in high school. What a cutie, Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe she's three already! Silly little yoga girl! I love her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to say Happy Birthday Ayla!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is an unbelievable little girl! Happy third birthday Ayla! Oh how I miss you all. I got your sweet message today that you left on Monday. I may try to stop by your house tomorrow...I just miss you so! Hope all is well...praying for you daily!

    ReplyDelete