Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Little Story

Seven years ago yesterday Tony asked me to marry him. I remember it was a fun day. It was the day that cheeeese-cones were invented (Bugles & Easy Cheese). We left around 8 am and drove to Manti, we walked into the trees behind the Manti Temple, it was so beautiful and peaceful. The ground was covered with snow and when we looked up just a few feet away there were three deer. It was perfect. But that's not where he proposed. We left there and stopped at every temple along the way from Manti to Bountiful. Then we ate a late dinner at The Olive Garden, and when I finally said, "I'm tired, let's go home," he suggested one more stop. We stopped at Murray park and walked just a few feet down the path along the creek, it was 11:30 at night and extremely dark and cold, and that's when he asked me to marry him. I don't remember exactly what he said, but I know it was very sweet and very perfect, I do remember my response was "Of course!!!"
We took this picture last night of us, a lot has happened in the last seven years, most significantly these two little girls, alllllllll because of this little story.

5 comments:

  1. ohh was a wonderful story!!!! Congrats!!! love you guys!!! Thanks for letting me spend the evening with your sweet girls!!!! we all had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that day was so cruel!! we sat home just waiting and waiting for you to call up with the news...or come bursting in with a grin on your face. thought for sure it would have been a mid day event at least. was i in bed when you finally got home?? any way...we are 100% blessed to have you, your girls, and your man!! love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have such a cute little family!!

    ReplyDelete