Monday, January 7, 2008

ummm... the room is pink?







We finally got around to painting the new room... we don't know whose room it will be, Ayla's current room is so small it works much better as a nursery and in about a year it will be easier for the girls to share the new room... the pink room. I bought some fabric to do the bedding (whether it be crib bedding or twin bed quilts for both girls later on). The fabric was kind of an olive green with a rusty red poka dot in it, it's really cute kind of whimsical looking. I matched the paint sample to the red dot, so it was going to be a red room and then we were going to add white poka dots. Anyway, when we opened up the paint can it looked pink (as you can see), but at the store they painted on the sample and it dried the same color so we thought 'weird, but it obviously must dry to the darker red color cause it did on the sample.' No idea what happened but obviously it's pink now! It will be cute, it just won't match my fabric or the idea in my head, but I will have to post pictures when it's finished cause I'm sure it will turn out just fine!
Ayla loves to check on the room when we are upstairs... she's just as confussed about whose room it will be... her room is definately "AYA's ROOM" when you ask, but the pink room is "Tay?Aya's?" Then she'll explain and point to the walls where she painted, and where daddy painted and where mommy painted. I gave her a canvas to paint on at first and she liked it, we're going to hang it up in the room when it's finished, but then we decided she wouldn't hurt anything if she painted on the wall, and she just loved it, had a blast!!!

4 comments:

  1. I would take the paint back and demand a redo...that is just SO strange. Not that I have anything against pink...but so odd. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is so not the color I had in my head when you were describing it :)

    It will be adorable though - i feel a princess room coming on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some cute butterfly ideas!!! I'm trying to AVOID the whole princess theme (although, secretly I think it would be really cute and fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a good mom to let Ayla paint with you.. how fun.
    It does look like the color of Gracies room...way cute.

    ReplyDelete