Tuesday, May 27, 2008

da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da...ya say it's your birthday....It's my birthday too yeah!...

We celebrated my birthday this weekend. Tony went over and beyond to make it a special day for me! ( Little does he know it doesn't take much to make it special... just him and my girls... and a card :).) But hey I'll take all the other stuff too! :) He put a lot of thought into the day and I feel completely spoiled and undeserving!
***

This is my favorite gift! This is something each member of my family totally looks forward too: Where will crazy grandma hide the money?!!!

She usually gives us a couple pieces of candy and the money is usually wrapped in tinfoil or taped to string in a tick tack box or attached to the lid of something. As you can see for me this year it was wrapped in tinfoil and taped to the smarties... not both of the tinfoil smarties had money just the one, see she's a tricky one! $10 my favorite kind of gift card!

***

I have to thank you all again for your phone calls and birthday wishes and special things you did for me... probably the only gift better than the hidden tinfoil money is all the love from all of you!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Belated. I am an awful friend right now. I do think of you often and all the time. Love you to pieces. Sounds like it was a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Late Birthday! I hope you had a great time, although it sounds like you did! Another year older and wiser, yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you had a good birthday! Tell me what Tony did! And, oh my gosh, that cake looks SOOO good. MMMMMM. You are wonderful, and you deserve many many birthday wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that tony sure is a great guy!! he was worried he wasn't doing enough...guess he was wrong!
    i agree with grandma's gifts, it means a lot when she gives all she can too...no matter how small. i hope mom gets old and crazy like her so the next generation can have the same fun that we do!
    happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever is that!? That's pretty fun! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Looks like you had a lot of fun. Love the candy (money) that is such a cute idea

    ReplyDelete