Wednesday, June 25, 2008

All Aboard! Last Stop Silverton, Colorado








Here's the last installment of our Colorado trip. We took this amazinging train trip from Durango, Colorado to Silverton, Colorado. First we had to take a shuttle for the hour long trip to Durgango from Pagosa Springs. We left early in the morning, and as you know Ayla is not a morning person and this was out of her element anyway so she was really upset about riding on the shuttle. She was really nervous, she had me hold both of her hands and then she fell asleep which lasted most of the shuttle ride. Tayvie did great, we got to hold her on our laps, and she got to nurse whenever she wanted, so she was happy as could be.

Once we got to Durango at the train station Ayla was just as nervous to ride the train. About 20 minutes into it she was fine and had no more worries. This is one of her favorite things to talk about now, how we rode the "doodlebus" (which was the shuttle) and the train.

The train ride was gorgeous, we followed the river up the mountain to Silverton, an old mining town. Along the way there were points, as you can see in the pictures, where we were right next to the mountain on one side and a drop off cliff to the river on the otherside. The ride was about 3 1/2 hours long and when we got to Silverton we had lunch and stopped in a few stores and then took the shuttle back to Pagosa Springs.

So now we're caught up on our Colorado trip. Early tomorrow morning we will leave for Yellowstone!

6 comments:

  1. wow lace these are some awesome pictures!!!!! so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some fabulous shots...it looks like SO much fun. Reminds me of back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. You are my blogging idol. What a cute change! I must learn how to do more stuff.........Anyway, your vacation looks like a blast! And cute cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I have so been to Silverton! I think that is the cutest town ever! Though when we drove from Durango to Silverton (very very curvy) I was preggers with Murphy and had no idea as yet that I was. You can imagine how carsick :-(

    But this train ride looks like so much fun - next time you go take me with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that train ride! I have been on it several times and I can't get enough. It's gorgeous. Good to hear that the girls held up well since it is such a long ride.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby would be so jealous! He wanted to take his parents there last year-it didn't happen. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete