Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tayvie Toesies

I thought today was going to be a bad day. We had a rough night. Ayla tried so hard to sleep last night but couldn't fall asleep until about 6 am. I sympathize with her cause I know exactly how she feels, I see in her the same sleep issues I have always had. I remember laying in bed late at night knowing I was the only one awake and not being able to sleep at all.

I was up at 7 to make a very important call to the other side of the world, and as I talked to the man who stole my heart and left me for Korea, I laid on the living room floor wondering how I was going to make it through the day on one hour of sleep, with a 2 year old who hates mornings anyway.

Tayvie woke up her happy little self, which brought a smile to my face, and then surprise of all surprising surprises Ayla woke up at 9 am as PERKY as could be. Singing songs imediately. Woke up her ponies. Went potty on her own. Got dressed right away. This was all great cause we needed to be out the door by 9:30 and it couldn't have gone smoother.

I don't think it has ever gone more smoothly!

How could it be a bad day anyway? Not with these cute little toesies and sweet little faces! Oh, and the water between my toes didn't hurt either! Nice! Zen!

4 comments:

  1. That was a really cute post!! Now I'm missing something- why is Tony in Korea??????? You'll have to fill me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun...love tayvie's toes...probably the chubbiest thing on her! also i wanna find a swim suit like ayla's!! that's totally my style! ~grin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacie Mae. We could really talk about sleep issues! I didn't know you had them. I have had them too since I can remember, only difference is, the rest of my family had them too, so when I was laying awake at night, I knew that at least 3 or 4 people in the house were as well! I am so sorry. It is so hard to function and be a cheerful mommy when you are way to far behind on sleep, but you pull it off very nicely!! Cute pics. Kay, I am calling you. We are getting together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute...sounds like the perfect day if you ask me...I need a little zen in my life!!! Lets do YOGA soon:-)

    ReplyDelete