Thursday, December 18, 2008

Speaking of Fa la la la la-ing

I have been thinking about what my girls will remember about the Christmas Season. I wonder if Ayla will remember some of the things we have done this year when she gets older.

I was thinking about my Christmas Memories.

My mom would always tell us that Santa would check under our beds to make sure they were clean. It was a good idea, but that FREAKED ME OUT! I would lay in bed all night not being able to sleep not for the anticipation of Christmas but out of fear that someone was coming into my room while I was asleep! I guess that it didn't matter that he was a jolly old man... I thought it was a little creepy.

We weren't allowed to get up until 5 am on Christmas Morning. So my brother and I would wake everyone up at 4 am and read silly stories that I had written just for the occasion (some of these are classics in the fam now, am I right?) we would stay downstairs until 5 then we would go wake up the parents... THEN it would take my dad FOR-EVER to get ready, and then to set up the old dinosaur camera that had to be hooked into two different VCR thingys and the tv. It was torture to wait for him then but it's fun to think about now, cause I'm sure most of it was just to keep us in suspense!

It would be really fun to hear about some of YOUR Christmas traditions or memories.

I'm feeling so festive right now!!! Christmas is only a WEEK away!!! Yeay!

2 comments:

  1. I remember one... our parents were trying to get all 8 of us to bed the night before christmas. I think my oldest brother was on his mission and my sister was in collage, so 6 of us. Anyways... We had all been playing with the masking tape and we all took the sticky stuff off the back. None of us wanted to go to bed. But the dad said we had to or santa wouldn't come. Well, we had put the sticky stuff under our nose so it looked like a booger. Then we lined up to say good night to mom and dad... It was pretty funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was really young when we woke up we always opened our stockings first. (I'm sure like you said... to keep us in suspense for what we really wanted) We always had to wait for mom to bake muffins and peel the oranges that we got in our stockings. When we finally got to gifts, not only did we get them from Santa, but we got them from "The Rain Man" (That was an umberella) etc. We had to guess what each character wanted us to have before we opened it. We still do that actually. We've all gotten pretty good at guessing. =)

    ReplyDelete