Wednesday, December 10, 2008

An Escalator, An Elevator, & A Dolphin


The Monday before Thanksgiving Tayvie was really hot and not feeling well but Tuesday and Wednesday she seemed fine. Then Thursday the fever came back, she was so lethargic, she just wanted to lay on me and sleep. I thought it was maybe because she's been working on her two top teeth but she was just not my little Tayvie at all, normally she is so quick and all over the place. So when she woke up the following Monday morning and she seemed even worse than she had been I finally took her to the doctor. Turns out she had a pretty bad bladder infection! Poor little thing. So now, ten days later she is done with her antibiotic and she is her happy little Tayvie-self. Everytime she smiles, or pulls an ornament off the tree or squeals
Tony and I are just so happy to have our little Tayvie back!

When Tony went to Korea Ayla kept telling me she wanted him to bring her back a dolphin. Random. I have no idea where she got that idea, but Tony could not find much of anything to bring back where he was, let alone a dolphin. So when we started asking her what she wants for Christmas she has consistantly told us she wants a dolphin. She doesn't talk about dophins other than that so it really seems a little random. ... and then she tells us that Tayvie wants an escalator! That's cool! I'm sure that's exactly what Tayvie wants! Can't wait to wrap it up and put it under the tree!

This morning I asked her again what she wants and to my surprise she now wants an elevator!

We did some Christmas shopping today and this was my list:
-an escalator
-an elevator
-& a dolphin
Surprisingly, I actually found two of the three!

9 comments:

  1. i so wish i could get in her silly little mind...she is always so creative with the cute things she says.
    yeah for tay feeling better even though the cuddle moments are so sweet with her, glad she is back on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad for Tayvie!! I'm glad that she's feeling better- poor kid. That's cute about Ayz' dolphin- Ty's went through the same thing, but with a shark. Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad she's feeling better! I hate when they are sicker than you think and you don't take them in or completely not sick and you do take them in. I give up! Three times when I took Lys in for well baby appts they told me she had double ear infections..I didn't know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. two comments from me-now three...sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad she's feeling better! I hate when they are sicker than you think and you don't take them in or completely not sick and you do take them in. I give up! Three times when I took Lys in for well baby appts they told me she had double ear infections..I didn't know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so good to see your new posts! I was just thinking today it had been a while since I had seen anything new on here :) I missed ya! I'm sorry to hear about Tayvie! That's awful for someone so little to go through! Glad she's better though. Ayla's a cutie- I wouldn't mind an elevator or an excalator, but that's cuz I'm lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are awesome presents to want! I wonder where she thinks they will go...too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! SO SO SO SO SO sorry to hear that little Tayvie was sick! NEVER fun and ouch I hate bladder infections...poor little babe.

    The things Ayla wants for Christmas are HILARIOUS...can't wait to see which of the three you found! Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete